Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Story of Us

I was thinking about a friend of mine that was concerned about the age difference between him and the love of his life. That got me thinking about myself and my hubby.

A friend of ours, Mike, had set us up when I was 14 and Adam was 17. We did not hit it off at all. He thought I was a snot and I had no clue what I was doing. Needless to say, it didn't work. I will say in my defense, I wasn't a snot. I was a 14 year old girl.

We met up again when I was 16 and we fell in love in no time at all. I knew that I was going to marry him. I loved him from that point on. We were inseparable.

We went through a periods of time when we split and then got back together. Then, when I was 20 we were married. I know there were many people that thought we wouldn't make it. I am sure there are still people that think we won't, but after 14 years of marriage we are still going strong.

He is the man of my dreams, has given me the most amazing son, he picks me up when I am down, floats like a balloon with me when I am happy, and is there for me in every in-between moment. When you find the person you love never let go.

1 comment: