Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sassy Pants!

I have had my sassy pants on for a few days. I have some more sass that I want to get off of my chest.

First Thing! I can't stand it when someone (who shall remain nameless) publishes a couple of books (2 in fact), and then thinks he's too good to speak to aspiring authors. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!
This is what I picture the attitude as:
"If I run into you, If I run into you
Yeah here's what I'd do
I'd say, "Listen I'm having a really crazy week
and I can't talk right now,"

Second Thing! It drives me nuts that people put others down that write, paint, dance, etc. These are real jobs, and we work so hard to put our creativity to work. So, just because we may be at home, at a dance studio, or an art studio does not mean that we are not working.

Third Thing! Don't judge myself or my family. I know to some, it may seem like we aren't active in church, that we have fallen away, but I assure you that is not the case. We've been very ill. Yes, all three of us, and it's been hard. My Visiting Teachers Have Never Been Here! That sucks, but we have Family Home Evening every single week, we have daily private and family prayer, my son and husband are faithful priesthood holders, we have family and personal scripture study. Sorry to disappoint anyone who has had their tongue wagging about us!

Fourth Thing! It drives me crazy when people have the nerve to act like my husband and I are bad parents because our son has health issues. We all have health issues, and just because he didn't make Eagle Scout doesn't mean he is destined to a life of inactivity. He has incredible faith, and a strong testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment