Saturday, May 24, 2014

Thoughts About My Book

I may never hit a million sales, but I am proud that I put my book out there for the world to see. It was hard because Brianna, Chris, and Steven have become like another family to me in a weird sort of way. You don't turn your back on family even if no one else gets them.

These fictional characters that I have grown to love are a huge part of me. They came from my imagination, and I built their world. This process took me years to get completely right. I put so much of myself into this project. I put in time, effort, tears, and frustration.

My favorite scene in the book is when Chris and Brianna are taking a walk together on her birthday. I love the conversations that they shared on that day. To me, that is a golden moment. I'm not saying this to pat myself on the back, but it's just one of those scenes that made me happy during the countless hours of editing and rewrites. It was a part that made me feel that I didn't stink as an author.

I think a lot of authors go through the same thing. You feel like you stink as an author, but eventually you see that it's not the case. If you are doing something you love keep at it and never give up. There will always be those that doubt you, but don't let the negativity win. You can do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment