Monday, May 19, 2014

My Journey Through Breaking the Surface

Original Artwork by Kaleb Dunn
Breaking the Surface is my first novel, and it took my heart and soul to write it. I started writing this book years ago, and I can hardly believe that it is finally up for people to buy! 

This novel took all I had to write. There were many times when I had to just put the writing away, and pick it back up later. There were many days of writer's block, tears, and hair pulling.

I have to say that Evanescence got me through this book. For some reason if I really wanted to write, I had to have them playing in the background. They brought out the feelings that I had deep inside that went along with the storyline. 

I also got rid of a lot of demons as I wrote this book. Many of the things Brianna went through in the beginning of this novel I did as well. It felt good to be rid of them, and stick them out for the world to see.

I have also met a new friend because of this book. Kaleb Dunn did the stunning artwork for this book, and I couldn't be happier with it. That leads me to an old friend I need to thank, Mike Whitehead, who put Kaleb in my path.

My family has been so supportive of my writing. They have been editors, listeners, sounding boards, and they were never afraid to tell me when something didn't work. I love them for being the great family that they are.

In the end, I have learned that writing takes patience, a strong support system, good music, and you meet friends that you never would have before.


No comments:

Post a Comment