Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Stress

Have you noticed that when people are thinking about Christmas, they think about shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning for guests, and wrapping presents? I do the same thing. It can drive you crazy and end up dreading the holiday instead of loving it.

I have no problem stating that this year has been different for me. I got my shopping done early, I wrapped with a week left before the big day, and I planned my menu early. Getting things done early can really take some of the pressure off.


I think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves to be happy at this time of year. We're all supposed to be having Christmas cheer and feeling perky and bright, but there is no thing wrong with having a down day, or feeling sad. Just feel bad for a little bit, and then go do something positive.

The holidays can be so overwhelming if we let them be. We need to take a little time for ourselves each day, or else we will burn out completely. Let yourself have half an hour somewhere in the day to read, take a quick nap, do whatever will make you feel good. It will help.

For me, I try to remember what this time of year is about. For me, it's about the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's about focusing on that miracle, and it's about family.

I hope this helps some. Relax and let go of the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment