Friday, October 19, 2012

Please...Please...Please

 My dad holding me when I was a baby.

I am sending out a plea to all of my friends and family that smoke. Please, I beg you to stop.

My dad went from an amazingly strong man to being bedridden, unable to walk, unable to eat or drink on his own, and with a horrid cough that is with him all day and all night. He's been reduced to skin and bone, and he's so weak that he needs help to even roll over.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, or make anyone feel bad. It's just the opposite. I don't want to see anyone that I love go through this kind of suffering. I don't want anyone else to feel what my dad is feeling.

My dad was diagnosed, went through chemo and radiation, had a blessed period of remission, and then the cancer came back with a vengeance. It spread from his lungs, to his neck, and brain. We're waiting now for the end to come, and his suffering to be over.

So, please, quit smoking. It's the best way to prevent this from happening to you. If not for you do it for your family. The pain and anguish that we are feeling is unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment