Sunday, June 12, 2011

Insanity

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, than I think most of us are in trouble. I find it funny that people do this constantly, but always seem surprised when things don't change in their lives.
There is another group of people that amaze me. It's the mindset that anything you put on Myspace, Facebook, blog, or write about has to be butterflies and sunshine. To that, I say from the rooftops, "GET REAL! GET A LIFE! REAL LIFE ISN'T LIKE THAT!" Did you hear me? Sometimes life bites, and it would be completely unrealistic to think that you can never talk about it. Yes, much of life is good, but if you can't take the fact that sometimes things suck (Gasp! Did I just say the "s" word? Why, yes, I said suck! It's not a swear, get over it people!) then you so don't live in the real world. If you happen to be going through a crappy (Gasp Again!) time then for crying out loud, let other people know. Maybe there is something that they can do to help, or maybe you can help someone else with your example.
Here is a list of words that for some reason people find offensive for no good reason. Crap, Crappy, Craptastic, Suck, Sucky, Sucked, Shut up, Bites, Flip,
Example: If you behave in a crappy manner to me, and I think it sucks, I will tell you to flippin' bite me and to shut the crap up. There is nothing wrong with that sentence. I did not swear. It was perfectly acceptable.
I realize that there are people out there that may think that my hubby and I are bad parents to our almost 18 year old son. Get ready for a collective Gasp! We watch PG-13 movies with our son, we listen to heavy metal with our son, actually we introduced him to fine bands like Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, and Evanescence and we have even introduced him to punk metal. I can almost hear the gasping from people at church. We don't have any feelings of regret as to how we have parented our child. He is an amazing kid with a stronger testimony and relationship with Heavenly Father than a whole lot of adults in the Church, and guess what so do my husband and I. In fact we have weekly Family Home Evening, DAILY Scripture Study, and Family Prayer and Personal Prayer. We are as close of a family as I have ever seen. Don't be so quick to judge us. We are doing very well.

2 comments:

  1. I must say, the labels (tags) on your post are certainly a mixed bag one would not normally expect to see together :) only a Foley could come up with those. I like the post, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use the word suck and then think oh should I not say that? I am always questioning my parenting skills and wonder what other people think. Thanks for being honest and putting things in perspective. Your right its not all butterflies and roses all the time so be honest!!!! thanks for being honest!!!!

    ReplyDelete